The Herdt Consulting team has demonstrated the ability to deliver quality services to broad segments of the Navy Enterprise within the following Functional Areas.
Software Engineering, Development, Programming, and Network Support
- Serving as a subcontractor to IBM’s prime contract with Bearing Point, Herdt Consulting provides Software support for the Navy ERP component of the Navy’s Global Combat Support System (GCSS) in Annapolis, Maryland (Zone 2). In this role our consultants replace disparate and segregated software systems currently used for financial management, inventory management and industrial operations, with a single integrated software program with modules that support organization functions via SAP.
Configuration Management (CM) Support
- Serving as a subcontractor to IBM’s prime contract with Naval Sea Systems Command, Herdt Consulting provides Configuration Management support for the Navy’s ERP initiative in Annapolis Maryland (Zone 2). Our consultants provide services in the area of Integration Middleware support, development and testing. In this role, our consultants provide maintenance for Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Extensions, and Enhancements and associated areas. The effort includes the support of Unit and System Integration test plans, migration of objects to the Quality Assurance environment, and operational testing and assessment..
Quality Assurance (QA) Support
- Serving as a subcontractor to IBM’s prime contract with Naval Sea Systems Command, Herdt Consulting provides Quality Assurance support for the Navy’s ERP initiative in Annapolis Maryland (Zone 2). Our consultants participate in the Business Process Design effort, ensuring that business processes and associated SAP functionality are accurately reflected in the training materials and that the final product meets business requirements. Business Process Development is the second area our consultants are making a contribution. Our consultants create Functional and Integration Test Plans, verifying the integrity of the business process and information being managed. Our consultants provide development for Business Warehouse, Forms, ABAP and BW reports, DMS, Workflow Web Enablement, and test plans.
Information System (IS) Development, Information Assurance (IA), and Information Technology (IT) Support
- Serving as a subcontractor to IBM’s prime contract with Naval Sea Systems Command, Herdt Consulting provides Configuration Management support for the Navy’s ERP initiative in Annapolis Maryland (Zone 2). Herdt Consulting is actively engaged in the data management and development effort, supplying data mapping and data migration support between legacy and SAP tools. The company’s team provides technical expertise for information technology data center operations in the areas of application administration and operational security. In this role, our consultants support installs, upgrades, and configuration while providing guidance to ensure the software operates within the Navy ERP architecture. This team also provides technical expertise covering SAP Basis, Enterprise Portals (EP), Web Service and XML for all releases of the Navy ERP solution.
- Herdt Consulting currently creates and delivers training services to the Naval War College and U.S. Navy Senior Enlisted Academy in Zone 1 – Northeast, Newport Rhode Island. Herdt Consulting provides training targeted at the Petty Officer (E5 – E6) and Chief Petty Officer (E7 – E9) ranks.
- Herdt Consulting demonstrates its ability to apply business, financial management, and technical disciplines required to support planning, organizing, staffing, controlling and leading team efforts in managing acquisition programs as the prime contractor for the Sea Warrior Execution Program Management Office (SWEPMO). Herdt Consulting provides SWEPMO with private sector technical support to define the requirements of necessary Life Long Learning and Education for the U.S. Navy’s Enlisted Sailors. Work under this contract is performed in Norfolk, Virginia (Zone 3 – Mid Atlantic) The support provided by Herdt Consulting includes: program review and management, data gathering and analysis, policy review, draft, and implementation, reviewing and assessing the established Job Task Analysis of the Professional leadership, and Certification and Qualification vectors of the 5 Vector Model (5VM), current Education programs, Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) Lessons, and the requirement for Life Long Learning as it pertains to assignments across all rates and ratings within the U.S. Navy.
Functional and Administrative Support
- Herdt Consulting provided services in the area of functional and administrative support as a subcontractor to AMSEC for Phase II of the Commander Naval Surface Force, U.S. Atlantic Fleet (CNSL) Sea Swap Analysis Project. Work was performed in Norfolk Virginia (Zone 3 – Mid Atlantic). Herdt Consulting provided direct support to CNSL to analyze the Atlantic Fleet DDG Sea Swap experiment by providing an analysis of the cost-performance trade-offs associated with the experiment and examining the implications of the results for future Sea Swap concept initiatives. Our consultants analyzed current crew rotation reports, studies and lessons learned; analyzed new data collected and lessons learned from the CNSF DDG/DD Sea Swap demonstration; reviewed the Atlantic Fleet DDG SSE Experiment Analysis Plan and developed a concept of operations for capturing and storing all required data; and attended crew turnovers and other shipboard opportunities to conduct QOL surveys. Ultimately, our consultants successfully completed all assigned tasks providing valuable input to support the DDG SSE Experiment.Herdt Consulting serves as a subcontractor to CACI for the Department of the Navy Chief Information Office (DoNCIO) Knowledge Management Project. CACI tasked Herdt Consulting with assessing the current state of the Mine Sweeper community home ported in Ingleside, TX to explore areas that would demonstrate the greatest improvement through the application of Knowledge Management (KM) principles. This involved one-on-one interviews across all levels of the command: Commanding Officers, Executive Officers, Command Senior Enlisted Leaders, Chief Petty Officers and junior crewmembers. As a result of this effort, Herdt Consulting provided concise targeted recommendations to fulfill the Navy’s goal.
Herdt Consulting is active in the private sector, providing similar services to strategic partners and clients including: IBM, BearingPoint, AMSEC, CSC, Apogen, Northrop Grumman and Franklin Covey.